What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is an easy to use, full-featured, web-based tool for creating and conducting online surveys. Its purpose is to allow users at no cost to create and distribute their own surveys to conduct research and gather information in support of the university's educational mission and organizational goals. North Carolina A&T State University has a university-wide license for Qualtrics use. The campus customized version of Qualtrics is available to all current faculty, staff, and students through a dedicated website. Qualtrics was first introduced to our campus community in the spring of 2012, and we have embraced it since then.
Why do we use Qualtrics?
Qualtrics use and purpose is to minimize duplication of surveying efforts, help ensure that the data gathered are reliable and useful, minimize the survey fatigue burden on campus constituencies and help protect individuals’ right to privacy. Qualtrics is used by faculty and staff from many departments and areas on campus, and students also have access to accounts for conducting surveys. All use of Qualtrics must be in support of the University's administrative, teaching, and research efforts. Use of Qualtrics is subject to the same policies and guidelines as all campus electronic communications and computer resources and information security plan.
- Faculty, staff and students are responsible for using the Qualtrics survey tool in a responsible manner in accordance with all University policies, federal, state and local laws (including HIPAA and FERPA), and the Qualtrics licensing agreement.
- All use of Qualtrics must be in support of the University's administrative, teaching, academic and research efforts.
- Qualtrics account holders are responsible for appropriateness of their surveys.
- You may not share your Qualtrics account with unauthorized users.
- Proper approval from the NC A&T Institutional Review Board (IRB) may be required if human subjects are involved. Survey owners are responsible for contacting the board.
- Adherence to the university branding guidelines is required. For information on branding, visit: https://www.ncat.edu/news/brand-standards-guidance.html.
- Using your Qualtrics account for non-university related activities is prohibited. This includes personal use or use on behalf of a company/other unit.
- The inclusion of inappropriate language or content in a survey is prohibited.
- Users may not SPAM or use other forms of unsolicited mass communication in conjunction with Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics is not suitable for the storage or transmission of sensitive or confidential data.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
To get an idea of whether your research requires review and approval by the university’s Institutional Review Board (IRB), as required by Federal Regulations see the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for an overview, training and forms. Surveys that involve human subjects may require review by campus Institutional Review Board (IRB) for appropriateness.
Requesting help using Qualtrics
Any currently employed faculty, staff, or currently enrolled graduate student can access Qualtrics using their OneID. For those individuals who are not aware of their OneID credentials, please see the following handout: http://video.ncat.edu/itsde/qualtricsaccess.pdf Users can request help from the Brand Administrator on setting up a survey, how to share a survey, using and embedding multimedia into surveys, increasing the number of surveys available, and other concerns. To request support, please create a support ticket at: https://ospie.freshdesk.com
At this time, Qualtrics has no deadlines that users are required to follow.